ARETE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARETE

Anarchy Online Guild

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Upper Level Elite Mission - I Want a Dust Brigade Mission

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Homeostasis
Goddess of BBQ
Homeostasis

Upper Level Elite Mission - I Want a Dust Brigade Mission Empty
PostSubject: Upper Level Elite Mission - I Want a Dust Brigade Mission   Upper Level Elite Mission - I Want a Dust Brigade Mission I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 8:50 pm

I want A Dust Brigade Mission

When you ask for the Dust Brigade mission, the Senior Agency Handler will offer you two choices:

1) I'll show Ground Chief Aune her maker!
2) I'll take care of Ground Chief Mikkelsen.

1) This is what occurs when you take the Ground Chief Aune option:

Description: The omni-present rebel group known as the Dust Brigade have, for years, struck fear and terror into the hearts of Rubi-Kan citizens, lashing out against both Clan members and Omni-Tek employees with feverish hatred. Though always on the cusp of technology, the Dust Brigade recently began discovering ways of co-opting Xan technology, excavating relics buried deep within the sands of Rubi-Ka.

Ground Chief Aune has established a dig site deep within Perpetual Wastelands - Attempts to shut down her operation have proven to be temporary measures at best, but any attempts to stall their progress is worthwhile. To that end the Agency has contracted you to go to the dig site location and attempt to stop Aune from whatever dastardly plans she has.

Head to Perpetual Wastelands and cry. Seriously. Ground Chief Aune is located inside a cave (take the far left entrance) that requires you to be teamed to enter. Don't even get me started about teaming and daily missions. However, I will say I was able to team up with one of my lower level alts (110) and enter without a problem The problem began once I entered the cave. There I met a few mobs levels 229 to 250 that were unavoidable and 9 times out of 10 countered my nanos, which makes me grumpy as hell. The one good thing that came out of that encounter was I discovered you respawn right outside the cave when killed. For my second attempt I decided to run past the 3 entry mobs and toward what lay beyond. That didn't go well. Sadly, this is another mission I will have to delete and defer you to this guide: AO Universe's Inside the Machine

2) This is what occurs when you take the Ground Chief Mikkelsen option:

Description: The omni-present rebel group...Description: The omni-present rebel group known as the Dust Brigade have, for years, struck fear and terror into the hearts of Rubi-Kan citizens, lashing out against both Clan members and Omni-Tek employees with feverish hatred. Though always on the cusp of technology, the Dust Brigade recently began discovering ways of co-opting Xan technology, excavating relics buried deep within the sands of Rubi-Ka.

Ground Chief Mikkelsen has established a dig site deep within Perpetual Wastelands - Attempts to shut down his operation have proven to be temporary measures at best, but any attempts to stall their progress is worthwhile. To that end the Agency has contracted you to go to the dig site location and attempt to stop Mikkelsen from whatever dastardly plans he has.

Once again head to the cave located in Perpetual Wastelands but this time go through the center entrance. In order to enter the cave you must be teamed. Once inside you will find two level 250 Masked Commando's guarding a small tunnel that leads you to Ground Chief Mikkelsen. Oh happy day! Warning: When you die you will not respawn outside the cave but where you last saved. I teamed with my Engi just so she could beacon my gimp arse back for more abuse should I die. Now back to those pesky Masked Commandos. I was able to kill them by pulling them one at a time over behind the large crates located to the right of the tunnel. This took me a painfully long time and I'll admit to cursing that I did not have a high level Crat or Advy. Each Masked Commando dropped a Dust Brigade Security Pass.

Now before moving on to the level 300 Ground Chief Mikkelsen there's some must know info. I'm just going to quote from AO Universe's Dustbrigade Outpost Guide

"There are four Altars lining the wall of hall, each with different color light and different effects. While Chief Mikkelsen has a lot of health and deals quite a blow, he also cast some special debuffs on you and your teammates. And only way to get rid of them is to step in proper Altar. Futhermore, when close to dying, Ground Chief will cast 3 min long DoT. Only way to avoid that is by doing ritual which consist of runing over Yellow, Blue, Green and Red altar to Get Thrice blessed by Xan nano protection runing. Nano lasts for 12 min and because there are earthquakes when you fight Mikkelsen (basicly a root), I suggest you get this protection prior to engaging him."

My plan is to follow the above to the letter beginning with attempting to get Thrice blessed by Xan - yellow, blue, green, red - is now my mantra. Well...all I can say is SPLAT. The good Chief Mikkelsen's first hit was for more damage than I had total health. The good thing is I now know where I saved last. When I re-entered the cave the first Masked Commando had respawned giving it around a 30 minute respawn rate. So another Elite Mission this gimp doc will have to delete. I hope you have better luck.
Back to top Go down

Upper Level Elite Mission - I Want a Dust Brigade Mission
Page 1 of 1